Sri Lanka has approximately 10,000 state schools, 23 collages providing international degrees and affiliations with universities worldwide. Sri Lanka has produced more than 40,000 CIMA and ACCA qualified accountants of which 70% are eligible and equipped to work for the BPO sectors. Sri Lanka looks forward to reaching the below goals by 2020:
- Generating a USD 5,000 per capita income.
- Growing the GDP above 8.5% in average.
- Reaching 2.5 million tourist arrivals per annum.
- Contributing over 1 billion USD each, through 10 different export sectors.
- Increasing the private investment to around 22-24% of the GDP (now 18-20% of GDP)
- Maintaining the FDI to be around 5% of the GDP (2011-2% of GDP)
- Increasing the ICT literacy rate to 75% from 35% at present.